PonyArpee of Doooooom!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Not-So-Quiet Chicago Apartment (FS and AJ)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Not-So-Quiet Chicago Apartment (FS and AJ) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Not-So-Quiet Chicago Apartment (FS and AJ)

Post by Applejack Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Aaron frowned a bit, but shrugged his shoulders and kept eating his food. "Whatever. If you say so." he rolled his eyes. "Guess I wasn't expecting that much conversation when I decided to do this, but man you're in a bigger hurry to go back than I thought you'd be." he commented after taking a bite out of his own food, gazing towards the windows of the small store. "Oh well. Least you're not kicking and screaming yet."
Applejack
Applejack

http://kawmapkarma.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

A Not-So-Quiet Chicago Apartment (FS and AJ) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Not-So-Quiet Chicago Apartment (FS and AJ)

Post by Fluttershy Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 pm

"There's nothing out here I'm interested in," Scott said, rolling his eyes. "Just noise. Noise, and people, and people making noise. I can't think out here. It's easier back at my place."

He followed Aaron's gaze, watching a woman wander down the street with a dog, a tiny one, trotting faithfully by her side.

"And," and here he hesitated and could not have, if pressed, articulate precisely why, "animals. Animals are out here too."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Aaron rolled his eyes. "Animals. Really? Now you're reaching for excuses to not go outside." he laughed a little. "You probably scare dogs and cats more than you're scared of them, man."

He sighed. "Guess I'm not one to talk about going out. I'm lazy." the man sniffed, scratching his nose as he continued biting away at his food. "Oh well."
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:43 am

"Yeah..." Scott replied vaguely, still staring out the window.

Something about the dog... nagged at him. Just a little. Like something he ought to be doing. Something to do with dogs?

Ugh, whatever. This day was turning way too weird, way too fast. "Yeah..."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:42 pm

"That all you got to say, huh? 'Yeah yeah'?" Aaron shakes his head. "I need more friends." he leans back in his seat, sighing.

"So how's work going?" he says after a few too long moments, finishing his food. The man did not order much, it looked like.
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:51 pm

"... It's fine," he said, finally snapping out of whatever had been pulling his attention away. He turned back to his meal. "I'll never be able to keep to the cutting edge like you can, but... what I have works for me."

He paused. "I thought you had more friends." Scott gave the other a curious look.

Last edited by Fluttershy on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 pm

"Nah. I'm a loner, and you're the only one bored enough to put up with me." Aaron crosses his arms, shrugging his shoulders casually. He yawns, resting his chin on the palm of his hand again. "I'm pretty boring, you know. Came out here for adventure and still stuck doing nothing. Ah well."

"...So, yeah, anything exciting happen at work?"
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:34 am

"Pulling me out of my nerd cave doesn't exactly qualify as 'nothing,'" Scott said bluntly, and... actually managed a smile, if a brief one, closer to a grimace. "And... no. It's work. Work is boring."

Something hung on the tip of his tongue, like he wanted desperately to say it but couldn't formulate quite what it was he wanted to say. The feeling made him scowl again. Ugh, today was weird.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Celestia Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 am

Aaron finds his mind wandering for some odd reason...to something about keeping the family safe...wanting to preserve their futures, by going off to fight a terrible threat with best friends...and how hard it was to break the truth to said family about how bad the situation was, but keeping it from them just didn't seem right...and wanting to back-kick and zap such a monster that would do this to them...

Which makes no sense, given the life he's lived. Huh? Suddenly he's back to life, back to reality. What made him think of his family all of a sudden?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Aaron zones out for a moment, before rubbing his head. "Ugh... think this chinese food's going down funny." he complains, frowning as he regains his bearings. "Uh, What was that you said?"

He grunts a bit, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms. The man sighs. "Man... coming out today reminds me... guess I should probably call dad and thank him for the present. Haven't really talked to the folks a lot since moving, heh." he stares out the window, looking thoughtful.
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Scott stared blankly for a moment. "... why? I would have thought you'd keep up with them pretty regularly, what with..." He gestured at the phone.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 pm

"Nah. Not really a family man. I'm one of those deep soul-searching guys that wander around alone pretending they know what they're doing." Aaron joked, smirking. "Besides. They get kinda mouthy." he shrugged, sighing.

"What's your family like, then?"
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:50 am

Scott stared for a moment, then turned his eyes back to his plate. "Well. It's hard enough for you to get me to come out of my little cave," he said, scoffing lightly. "My family gave up on it a long time ago. We never really got along."

A pause, then, with more freedom than he'd have expected from himself, he continued. "Military dad, you know, or ex-military. Wanted a son that would lean that way too. Ha. Yeah, well... that didn't happen."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Aaron laughed. "One of those dads, eh? Can't imagine what that'd be like." he smirked, crossing his arms.

He scratched his nose as he gazed out the window. "Glad you admitted that you DO live in a cave, though. Acceptance is an important step."
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:09 am

This got little more than a grunt from the other man, who followed his gaze and, without really thinking about it, let out a wistful little sort of sigh.

"... we can head back whenever. Or... do whatever you want, I guess, as long as you've got me out here."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 pm

"Don't sound too eager to leave." Aaron snickered, standing up and stretching his arms. "Yeah, guess it's time I get the bear back in its cave anyway." He joked, taking his trash and getting rid of it. "Let's go before you start getting withdrawal from not being on your computer."
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:18 pm

He glares. "I'm not going to suffer withdrawal from my computer. And I'm not a bear."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:16 pm

"It's a joke, man." he smirked towards his companion, heading towards the exit. "But I guess bears are more sociable than you, so I'll give you that."
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 am

He just rolls his eyes and stuffs his hands into his pockets. "Yeah... I guess they are." He stares at the ground. "... They probably sleep more than I do, at least."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:31 am

"When do you sleep anyway?" Aaron snickered, walking towards the store's exit. "I figured you just stayed on that computer all day. Do you even have a bed or do you just pass out on the desk?" he shrugged, fiddling with his phone and scratching his side a bit.

He steps outside and after a moment he gives a sigh, staring at his phone's screen, his parent's entry in the contact list staring back at him. "Yeah... so, home then?"
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:21 am

He finally looks back to Aaron, blinking as if he'd almost forgotten the other was there. "... We can do what you want, I guess. I mean, as long as you've got me out here."
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:08 pm

"Yeah, I guess I did get you out here! Better make it count, ahaha!" he grins. "Hmmm, let's see, we could go sky diving, or bungee jumping." Aaron jokes, walking along. "Or we could go see what new tech they got downtown since ya like that so much?" he smirks, patting his blanked out companion on the back.
Applejack
Applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2