PonyArpee of Doooooom!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone...

5 posters

Go down

Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone... Empty Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone...

Post by Princess Celestia Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:14 pm

The idea to change the "lore" of how the banishment spell worked to allow people to be different ages--say, between 18 and 25 or so.

This would give people more control over their characters, and, frankly, if I was a spirit of Chaos, intent on banishing my enemies to a faraway land and not wanting them to ever group up, I'd want them to have varying ages, to reduce the odds of them grouping up.

And I mean, let's say that the timelines between the two worlds more or less 'sync', since that was an assumption we pretty much are guaranteed to be making here.

So Discord casts the spell, and he causes us to be transported to Earth, but he doesn't just instantly get ladies impregnated with us, right? So, being that it's Discord, it probably chooses a semi-random target, at a semi-random time interval later. Maybe he has some influence on when some arrive, maybe he doesn't.

But the point is, instead of having the '5*20/4' years being from birth, have it be from cast time--so maybe my Pinkie is 19, while Twilight is 23. Just give people a, say, seven year gap to work in.

Because, seriously, this idea of Discord being so stupid as to send everyone to the same day in the same year.  Yeah, let's maximize the chance of random meetings, sounds like a great idea. Darn good point, Pinkie player.

Anyway, what are everyone's thoughts on this?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia

Back to top Go down

Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone... Empty Re: Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone...

Post by Fluttershy Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

This... is an interesting thought, and would add more variety to the game.

I like it. Let's go for it.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone... Empty Re: Pinkie's player had a neat idea I want to run by everyone...

Post by Zecora Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:46 am

I like it as well. More freedom means more content to work with, and that can almost never be a bad thing.
Zecora
Zecora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:49 am

I think the whole point is like... its ancient and powerful magic. Magic like that is a bitch to cast, you know? Theres a whole riddle thing so like, I'm pretty sure Discord has no control over it. It's either "Five Score, Divided by Four" or nothing.

Basically fuck magic.
Sunny
Sunny

http://www.tsundancer.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 am

It's discord

rules don't apply to him. He's basically all-powerful. Why would this be different?

Pinkie
Admin

https://ponyarpee.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:19 pm

I dunno, I don't really think of him as all poweful, cause like he still gets rekt by the elements. And its been shown a couple times him getting frustrated when things don't play out right. Like that doesn't sound all powerful to me. Like the fact he can even cast magic like this is a testament to his power, but he still needs to, you know, follow the proper ritual to actually pull it off.
Sunny
Sunny

http://www.tsundancer.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:27 am

He gets frustrated when his plans screw up because he isn't very clever in implementing them.  He's also the spirit of chaos.  He doesn't plan well, because he likes to leave an aspect of chance to things.  think about it- he sent Twilight off to her home(where he had hidden the elements) after having told her a poem to help her find the elements.  He apparently didn't spend a single second checking in on Celestia.  In his reformation episode, he decides to see if he can frustrate Fluttershy into giving up or whatever- despite knowing that if he does, they'll turn him to stone again, AND knowing that he has previously failed to influence Fluttershy mentally in the slightest, being forced to use magic to alter her behaviour.  He knows the elements are a threat, but doesn't even consider dealing with them until it's right in his face- and then he does so in the most round about way possible.

It's like- if you were an all-powerful being, would you just spend the rest of your life playing IRL garry's mod?  Or would you put limitations on yourself to keep it fun?  Hell, I assume he switches between hero and villain whenever the fancy strikes him.  He doesn't plan ahead that much- I assume he never even thought of the labyrinth at first, but once they were there, ooh, labyrinth!

I might agree that he isn't all powerful if I'd ever seen a definitive limit on his power, but he seems to be able to do anything he can think of, including transmuting himself into the image of himself in a window, and then wander the others, altering them organically without leaving any damage behind after. Hell, without even actively THINKING about it he causes chaos- if he can cast this spell at all, he can do what he likes.

Besides, the only other example of words being linked to magic is Twilight's ascension spell, which isn't in the continuity. He might just be saying the rhyme because.

Pinkie
Admin

https://ponyarpee.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum